Congratulations on bringing home your new puppy! Now you get the fun challenge of coming up with a name that isn’t too cute or frilly and something that will fit your new pup’s personality. Whatever name you choose, whether it’s a classic like Fido or Fifi, the name of your favorite movie star or singer, a past or current president, family member or mythical figure, we do have a few suggestions you could follow:
– you need to make sure you are picking a name you will be happy with, because you will be calling them this for many years to come!
– The shorter the name, the better it is for the dog to understand. One to two syllables is good for a name. If you pick one that is too long, it can also get annoying to call out a long name each time you want them to come to you.
– Always use the puppy’s name when you speak to them or praise them. When he hears it next, he will come running because he know’s that it’s his special word.
– Don’t name the puppy something that will embarrass you or others when you have to call out the name in public.
– Take time to play with your pup and get to know them before choosing a name. You may name him or her one name, and later come to find out that the name you selected just doesn’t fit the pups personality at all. Give it a few days to a week and see what you decide on at that time. There are all kinds of adorable and fitting names out there, so make sure you select one that fit’s your puppy perfectly!